Mark your calendars! As we have some exciting things coming up for our weekly summer storytime! Please make sure that you call ahead and pre-register at least 2 weeks in advance w/a staff member, if you would like for you & your child/grandchild/daycare kids etc. to attend. Caregivers welcome-as no drop-offs will be allowed Also please note that summer story-time is weather permitting. If there is rain in the forecast, storytime will be canceled for that day.
- May 17th- 10am-10:45am: (No program)
- May 24th-10am-10:45am: When Lightening Comes in a Jar, The Very Lonely Firefly, Living Lights; Fireflies in our backyard (Make a glow in the dark lightening bug!)
- May 31st 10am-10:45am: What Makes a Bird a Bird?, Our yard is full of birds (Make a pinecone bird feeder)
- June 7th 10am-10:45am: Commotion in the Ocean (Make a whale craft & try out our bubble experiment!)
- June 14th 10am-10:45am: Puppies & Piggies, Move Over Rover! (Enjoy a presentation by Plum Creek Aussies & make a paper-bag dog puppet)
- June 21st 10am-10:45am: Barnyard song, The Little Lamb (Make a farm animal craft)
- June 28th 10am-10:45am: Honeybees (Beekeeper talk with Alexander & Paul Timm ..Make a bee craft & sample some local honey)
Family Movie Matinees
Will return Tuesday June 6th at the library starting at 10am! Can you guess what movie we’ll be showing that week? Here are a few hints; the movie that we’ll be showing is inspired by a true story. Hint number two: the movie is an animal rescue adventure that stars Drew Barrymore and Kristen Bell. Hint number three: the movie takes place in the Arctic Circle. Hint number four: The movie is rated PG and is 104 minutes long. Please note that snacks and drinks will not be provided. Just come in and cool off and enjoy the show!